family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Birth.



We left for the hospital at 8:00am. Got there and checked in. Went up to our room- 307. Then we started settling in. Shortly after 8:45 Dr. G came. We discussed how we could induce and decided on breaking my water. She said I could use a breast pump in a few hours if breaking the water didn't get things going. Well, it didn't. So out came the milking machine. That gave me some contractions but they petered out pretty quickly.
Around 1:00 she asked if I wanted to continue doing this "all day" or would I like to try a tiny bit of pitocin. We talked about it- in length and decided to go ahead. BIG MISTAKE! That stuff kicks your uterus! In just a bit I was in pain that I cannot describe. I typically have a pretty high pain tolerance. Really high actually. Veda's birth was relatively easy- you know for a birth, but this was different. I think that it was because it was medically induced. Such a difference.

So I tried to bear with these contractions as long as I could. This lead me a few hours into hell. Eventually I decided that if I wanted to live I needed some relief. Staydol (don't know how to spell it) was the least invasive. We tried that. The RN told me that it would work with the same contraction she was putting it in with. Well, it didn't. No relief whatsoever.

I tried to make it but this was literally impossible. I felt horribly defeated. I cried quite a bit. All I could think about was that this was not how it was supposed to be. They checked me and I was only at 5. So after another 4-5 major contractions- which by the way really never gave me a break in between I opted for an epidural. This was another bummer for me. Three meds I did not want to use- I used them all.
So I sat up when the anesthesiologist came in so he could get me all drugged up. When I sat up I am sure that I dilated to 10. His head was right there. I said to everyone that I thought he was there and that I could push if I wanted to. But they already had part of the epidural in so we finished it anyway. And my OB was delivering another baby down the hall. I had to wait for her.

About an hour later and a lot less noise coming from my room Dr. G walked in. It was then that I knew he was coming. She checked my and found that his head was just about crowning. She waited for the next contraction (which I couldn't feel) and told me to push. In a strange numb sense I could feel him move down and out. Now I got to feel the wrinkled up little man's head. His head was almost half way out and she had me wait for the next contraction. This was good because then I did not tear. The next contraction and the next push brought little Soren Robert into the world. And all of the medications in the world can't take that away from us.

He continues to do wonderfully. Didn't sleep last night and hasn't peed or pooped yet today but I am not going to freak out. He did drench me in the middle of the night and pooped 6-7 times yesterday.

Veda is in love. It's no longer important if I'm around. It's all Soren now.






5 Comments:

Blogger Chas said...

I learned with my first l&d that the details aren't important, the result is. And your result looks beautiful! Sounds like you did a great job, you should be proud, I am! See you soon.

Saturday, May 12, 2007 1:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I miss the details on how big he is?? He is beautiful.
Audra

Monday, May 14, 2007 7:09:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
michael kors handbags, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, tory burch outlet, nike free, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, cheap jordans, michael kors, louis vuitton handbags, uggs outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, ralph lauren polo, uggs on sale, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, longchamp bags, replica watches, nike outlet, louboutin shoes, louboutin uk, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, uggs on sale, burberry factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, uggs outlet, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin, longchamp outlet, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 11:28:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike roshe uk, lululemon outlet, nike air max pas cher, new balance, nike air force, coach outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, nike tn pas cher, polo lacoste pas cher, coach outlet store online, hogan sito ufficiale, sac guess pas cher, abercrombie and fitch UK, nike roshe run pas cher, nike free, lunette oakley pas cher, true religion outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren uk, nike blazer pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max uk, mulberry uk, replica handbags, michael kors uk, longchamp soldes, vans pas cher, converse, hollister uk, michael kors, louboutin pas cher, michael kors outlet online, timberland pas cher, lunette ray ban pas cher, nike air max uk, north face uk, longchamp pas cher, vanessa bruno pas cher, coach purses, burberry pas cher, true religion outlet, nike free pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors, hermes pas cher, nike air max, jordan pas cher, north face pas cher, ray ban uk

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

juicy couture outlet, lancel, canada goose outlet, sac louis vuitton, canada goose jackets, toms shoes, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, ugg uk, replica watches, canada goose jackets, moncler uk, wedding dresses uk, sac louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, coach outlet, karen millen uk, thomas sabo uk, pandora jewelry, gucci, barbour, canada goose uk, canada goose pas cher, links of london uk, hollister, ugg pas cher, pandora jewelry, montre pas cher, moncler, swarovski jewelry, pandora charms, converse shoes outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, moncler, ray ban, louis vuitton, canada goose, supra shoes, bottes ugg pas cher, moncler jackets, marc jacobs, juicy couture outlet, swarovski uk, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler pas cher, moncler outlet, barbour jackets uk, louis vuitton uk, pandora uk, moncler
ninest123 16.03

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 11:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home