family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Monday, June 25, 2007

Dirty Nails...

So today I decided that I had had enough of wondering why my child was still sleeping so much, if can hear, why he is grumpy when he is awake and why he still has a tan (jaundice) so I went to see Dr. B again. He was only concerned with the jaundice thing. Not that he is really jaundice but that he still is jaundice. So he sent us off to the lab for some lab work. And while we were walking out Dr. B. touches Soren's head and I said "Looking for a vein?" (joking of course) and he replies "No. I am just checking his soft spot again. It's small. It is something I am keeping my eye on." I say "Should I worry?" And tells me not to. (By the way, Dr. B. says that this jaundice could be from Soren nursing. So does that mean I may have to stop that? Dr. B. wants me to wait until we get the lab results before we decided on that. I am so frustrated! CALGON!!)

So, that means poking my child. Anxiously I go to the hospital lab and wait. And wait. And WAIT!! Finally we get called back and this girl (about 25) has me put him down on the table. I notice she has more stuff out than I have ever seen at one of my blood draws and I am a lot bigger than Soren. She goes for his arm... I question her about why she is not doing a heel prick- and she tells me that one of the tests (something about his electrolyte balance) can't be done that way. So she goes for one arm. Of course both Soren and I are bawling! She can't get anything. Another women comes in during this "procedure" and asks if she would like help. Now we have two lab people. So she heads for the next arm. It is at this time that I notice her finger nails. They are horribly dirty and she hasn't been wearing gloves. Not only are her nails dirty but she has some horrible body stench as well. She was kickin'. She tries the second arm and blows his vein. Then she goes for his foot. It is at this time that I feel like kicking this woman's ass but I know we can get some blood from the heel- just not all that we need. So after 20 + minutes of trying to console my child we get to leave.

I hate the smelly dirty finger nail girl!! (Jeff tells me that I shouldn't be hard on her for not getting a vein. Fine, I will just hate her for being gross and smelling!)

So, I don't know if we have all the blood we need. I think Dr. B. will want to know more about his electrolytes so he will more than likely send us back in. UGH!!

All I want right now is an Oberon and a pint of peanut butter ice cream.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chas said...

I had a very similar experience when Eli had to have his blood drawn, for a lead level and he was closer to 2.. It took 3 people to hold him down and get the blood, with me standing in the corner covering my eyes. Yikes.. You should say something to them next time about not wearing gloves..Poor little bugger..and Mom, 1 oberon does not make you a bad mom.. trust me..

Monday, June 25, 2007 6:46:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

Seriously, go ahead and drink the Oberon, hon. One is okay.

G

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:30:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 16.03
michael kors handbags, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, tory burch outlet, nike free, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, cheap jordans, michael kors, louis vuitton handbags, uggs outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, ralph lauren polo, uggs on sale, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, longchamp bags, replica watches, nike outlet, louboutin shoes, louboutin uk, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, uggs on sale, burberry factory outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, uggs outlet, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, uggs on sale, michael kors outlet online, christian louboutin, longchamp outlet, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike roshe uk, lululemon outlet, nike air max pas cher, new balance, nike air force, coach outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, nike tn pas cher, polo lacoste pas cher, coach outlet store online, hogan sito ufficiale, sac guess pas cher, abercrombie and fitch UK, nike roshe run pas cher, nike free, lunette oakley pas cher, true religion outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren uk, nike blazer pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max uk, mulberry uk, replica handbags, michael kors uk, longchamp soldes, vans pas cher, converse, hollister uk, michael kors, louboutin pas cher, michael kors outlet online, timberland pas cher, lunette ray ban pas cher, nike air max uk, north face uk, longchamp pas cher, vanessa bruno pas cher, coach purses, burberry pas cher, true religion outlet, nike free pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors, hermes pas cher, nike air max, jordan pas cher, north face pas cher, ray ban uk

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 11:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2016-4-22 xiaozhengm
air jordan 13
timberland boots
hollister clothing
toms
true religion shorts
louis vuitton outlet
tods outlet
nike air force
tory burch outlet
nike air max
coach factory outlet
toms
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
ralph lauren
nike outlet store
coach outlet
gucci outlet
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet store online clearances
louis vuitton
pandora jewelry
gucci outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ray ban sunglasses
adidas yeezy
cheap jerseys
michael kors outlet
celine handbags
kobe bryant shoes
michael kors outlet clearance
kobe 11
oakley outlet
ed hardy clothing
ray ban
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags

Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home