family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Friday, July 06, 2007

Where did I leave off?




We did the formula thing for 48 hours (and since there is a bit of Mennonite in my background we did it for exactly 48 hours). I don't see that it worked- tried I guess. Soren is really starting to smile more. Cooing more. And still sleeping a lot.
We had a nice time at my parents house. Got to see my sister and nieces for a few hours as well. They had a 4th of July parade on their lake. All of the boats were decorated with flags, etc. It was hilarious to see my parents on a boat with a giant banner saying "God Bless America". It's just not their style. But they did it because Veda wanted to be in the parade.

Jeff had a really rough night last night. He even woke me up- this is not normal. He thought he was either having a panic attack, stroke or heart attack. I tried to comfort him but not sure how well I did. He tried to call into work but they ended up calling him back in. He didn't have much sleep so I hope he doesn't have to run a code or something crazy like that.

Veda loved the fire works. We took her to this fair in my mom and dad's town. CARNIES! They were everywhere. I have to admit that they freak me out. And I know that I am stereotyping these individuals and I bulked them into one category but I have never seen a Carney that has a full "grill" (I'm trying my best to remain hip so I chose grill rather than "set of teeth"). Veda decided that she wanted to go on this one ride (4 tickets worth- each ticket equals $1) and she tried to talk me into it. She had a wrist band which allowed her to ride all day. I only had 3 tickets as most of the rides took three tickets. I told her I would do one ride. She persisted and I gave in. I went and bought another ticket (thanks mom for the tickets). We got on this ride and I knew within the first second that I would be sick. It went round and round, high and fast. I was sick. Really sick. At one point Veda and I were both yelling "STOP! PLEASE STOP!" But the Carney who was working our ride did not speak English. I knew I should have followed through with learning Spanish. Anyway- I was down for the count for several hours. Finally began to feel better after some wheat thins.

The things you will do for your kids...
This time of year is filled with a lot of dates for me. Today is 6 years since my first husband Tad was killed. How time stands still and flies at the same time. I think that Veda and I will pick some flowers from our gardens and take them out to his memorial tree today. The thing about this year is that it is a Friday- again. He died on a Friday- 5:40pm. I don't like the thoughts of today. I plan on keeping busy and thinking about how lucky I am now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hugging you from the arc....we love you!!

diann

Friday, July 06, 2007 8:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thinking of you and sending lots of hugs!

Friday, July 06, 2007 11:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

know that my thoughts are always with you on this day. this year may be more difficult I think because it's friday again. if i could give you a hug i would.

dv

Friday, July 06, 2007 1:34:00 PM  
Blogger cari c said...

Big hugs from me as well... Definitely thinking of you. Will never forget this day - or the 11th. I came to GR today - and I drove from Cleveland to GR that day too, which feels weird. It is definitely hard that it is Friday again. Again, big huge hugs. And to Veda as well. cc

Friday, July 06, 2007 1:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home