family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Thursday, March 09, 2006

What do I do??

Ok, this is a really shitty thing to post I know but I need help sorting this all out. I had two job interviews today. One at Hospice of Lenawee in Adrian (10 minutes away) and one at Recovery Technologies in Hillsdale, MI (1 hour away). I was offered both jobs. Here's the kicker- I don't know what to do! I think the Hospice job fits me better. Working with families during the death of a loved one. The Rec. Tech. job is a therapy job with people who have mental illness. I am not keen on spending 8 hours a day with people with mental illness. But- they pay AWESOME! I can either go contractual with them and get 52% of what their insurance pays (40-50 an hour!!) or go salary (around 25 an hour). But to get the big bucks my clients would have to show up. With Hospice I would get to go out and be with people and their families while Rec Tech. I would be in an office and 8 (well, hopefully 8) people would come and sit in my office and dump. Hospice- people are dying. Can I deal with that all day every day? Will I get too attached? Both places seem to have space for upward movement. The Rec Tech job seems to be pretty progressive and the CEO is a mover and shaker.

I am sure I'll post more but for now I just want to go snuggle my boy.

Suggestions???

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it sounds too good to be true it probable is. There has to be a reason why they are willing to pay people so much up front. Ether they are making much more money off of you or the job is a major pain in the ass that no one else will do for less money.

Also don't forget to add in 2 hours drive every day to your hourly wage. And see what that brings the total down two. On top of gas money, wear and tear on your car, rushed mornings and added stress.

You should read Your Money or Your Life.

Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home