family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The government workers lied!

So last year, when I started to actually make money, I informed Social Security that I wanted them to cancel my death benefits as I would soon be reaching the maximum amount you can earn for the year. So, that's what they did. They told me there would be no penalties and I was in the clear. The next month I got a check. I quickly took it into the SS office and returned it. This happened one other time. Each time I made sure that I was "kosher" with getting married and starting working. Each time I was told that I was fine.

Well, yesterday I get a letter from SS telling me that I owe them over $8,000 due to overpayment for last year. First of all they didn't give me $8,000 in the months I received SS. They are saying that I owe them and I should pay now. WHAT?! Didn't I get this all figured out. I was so anal about it and made sure all of my ducks where in a row. I spent hours sitting in the damn office and on the phone with those people. I am so sad, angry and freaked out. Since I haven't been working for the last 2 months money is not something we can just hand out. Especially $8,000. Right now I hate the SS office. Except for the woman who is now "investigating this issue" for me.

Soren was up 6 times last night. Really, I am open for suggestions....

I am so tired.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bastards.

Saturday, July 14, 2007 10:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of dealing with the unemployment office. I think all together I missed out on about 3k in payments. Ya, and that person looking up your issue... your never going to hear from them. Sorry. Need to see you guys soon

Sunday, July 15, 2007 9:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home