family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Can't it be spring already? I'm COLD!!

Not much going on here lately. Finishing up with my classes- only 7 more to go (6 after tonight) but who is counting??? Have a grant I have been working on- a little bit. I am ready to be finished. I have this one remaining assignment and I can't get into it. Sucks to be graduating and know you already have a job because your work suffers.

V is doing well. She is getting pictures taken on Friday. I am taking her out of school to do this. I am such a bad mom. Ok here is my new "need help" situation. V is now in a private Montessori school for preschool- this costs A LOT of money but we have been lucky enough to get some scholarship money to help us out. Next year that stops and we will have to pay full tuition ($450/mo) or she can go to public schools for FREE!! My dilemma is that I LOVE HER MONTESSORI school and teachers. And she does wonderfully there. Should I risk it and send her to public kindergarten or keep her there and figure out a way to pay. Really the school is exceptional- I would want to go back to pre-school just to go there. My aunt has said that she may be able to help us out but I just can't see paying $4,500 a year for a kindergarten child. I just really appreciate the Montesorri philosophy and how children are taught to be self sufficient learners.

J is doing ok. Finger is still gross. They now have him on antibiotics until June and if it doesn't work then they will just take part of the bone away or cut the tip off. Yuck. That would hurt. But better than having MRSA in your blood stream and killing you.

Psych ward has been fun lately. Had to testify (over the phone) today against some man I petitioned to be put in the state hospital- he threatened to burn my daughter among other things.

I'm babbling.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on your first blog spam!

Go for public school all the way. No point in raising children in a walled garden. Just try and be the best teacher you can be at home. Take all that time you would spend earning extra money to send her to private school and use that energy to do more educational and fun things with her.

Well thats my professional advice coming from someone who has no children. See you this evening.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 2:41:00 PM  
Blogger Chas said...

It is frigging cold here as well.. WTH?? Kindergarten is stressing me out as well, but we are big supporters of public schools, just a matter of choosing the "right" school. Whatever.. I turned out marginally well for a lifetime of public schools. Glad you are almost done with school. On to the job. yuck.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could move to my state - Montessori is available in the public schools here. In fact my friend Sarah is a Montessori kindergarten teacher in the public school system!

I went to Public Schools (no Montessori at that time though) and think I got a great education.

Bottom line - I'm thinking V already knows how to learn...

Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home