family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Saturday, April 01, 2006

We're not in Kansas anymore...

Did any one happen to see the sky in mid-Michigan last night? This lovely green sky came about around 7:00 just as J and I were driving to another town to meet with some friends. Yes, driving away from my daughter, V. I can not tell you how horrible that was. I called a friend H who lives in the neighborhood where V was staying and told her to call me if something happened. (I didn't want to call V's friends mom because she would think I was a nut.) So a few minutes later- she called and told me the sirens in town were going off and they were going to the basement. So I immediately made her go upstairs in this weather (risking being a cast member in the new Wizard of Oz) and made her get me the number where V was. I called and told them that they should be in the basement. Thank goodness I did because they weren't. After a few beers my chest stopped constricting and I was ok- the weather cleared. I hate being a mother. It completely stresses me out. Really- I am so thankful to be a mother I just hate that I can't guarantee her safety.

So J did this really cool thing for me. I think he really loves me!! He sent me an email and has decided to tell me year by year certain important events in his life. How cool is that. I learned his birth minute, who his godmother is, etc. This email was birth to age 3. Age four will be much more detail I am sure since his memories begin there- and that was when he had his heart surgery. So it is the best pre-wedding gift ever!

Also I went shopping yesterday with a girlfriend and found a dress. I really love it! I am going to have to lose a bit and tone a lot but I think it will be worth it! Color may be an issue though... But it's second wedding and J will love me no matter what. His family may pass out. We'll see. I'd tell you more about it but I don't know if J reads this or not so if you do J- not a chance I am not telling you a thing!!

Finishing up with school work. Grant is due on Wednesday. Ba hum bug. It will get done though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home