family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Monday, October 01, 2007

Ronald Weasley in our psuedo pond...

I realized recently that I have raised a daughter who loves things like I do. Yesterday we had this big talk about Ronald Weasley- a frog who lives in our back yard. She is genuinely concerned about how he is going to make it through the winter. I just love her. Now here comes the situation- I feel like I should bring him in from the cold and let him live with us for the winter. I am afraid he does not have enough space out there. He will freeze I am sure of it. So do frogs freeze in the winter? I should google that.

Soren was up a lot last night. He was getting better but you know as soon as you start to brag they revert... He rolled over from back to front then front to back yesterday. He rolled of the blanket. Veda was so excited! We'll see how long it takes him to do it again. He is eating green beans now. I know- you shouldn't give them anything but breast milk until 4 months... This boy is a pig. Not only do I have to supplement with formula but now we have decided to give him cereal and start food. And he is LOVING IT!! I honestly think the boy has been hungry.

Veda is writing and illustrating books. She is receiving advanced spelling words from her teacher and doing tons of math. I would say that this year things are going to be better for her. She feels like she is doing work that is worthwhile. She is spending a lot of her time under head phones listening to High School Musical II. I don't know how anyone can listen to that. (But I often catch myself singing it. Gross.)

Have a bunch of wonderful friends coming this weekend for our college homecoming!! I am so excited to see my friend SOTBS's baby!! Can't wait! He is only a month older than Soren.

Jeff is doing well. Although he needs to get his back fixed. He still can barely stand up straight. I think he will have to go in for surgery at some point.

Baby is awake.

2 Comments:

Blogger LawMommy said...

We are so looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!! (Giggles and starts humming stupid sorority song under breath.)

Love,
G

Tuesday, October 02, 2007 4:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle,

Haven't visited your page in a while.....tell Veda that frogs hybernate in the winter (they actually freeze, then thaw in the spring).

Glad your new job is going well. Miss you honey. Hugs and kisses to the kids!

Diann and The Arc Gang

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home