family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Friday, March 21, 2008

On the bus

Veda came home from school on Thursday with a big scratch under her eye. She proceeds to tell Jeff that D***** hit her, pushed her down and then scratched her!! My kid got beat up on the bus! So I find this out and call around to get the mom's number. Oh, now, she is such a lovely piece of work. This little D girl has already been suspended from school on at least one occasion that I know of. SHE IS IN FIRST GRADE! What on earth is this world coming to?

Did I mention that this little girl told Veda that she wanted to "kill your brother" and "your mom and dad are mean and I am going to poke them in the eye." Nice kid huh?

The mother proceeds to tell me that Veda has also been "causing problems". When I ask what problems she says "D**** says that Veda called her "brown". My heart jumps. I know that Veda would never do such a thing. Let me tell you I lost a lot of sleep over this one. We decide that it is best we meet to discuss the situation. Veda denies ever saying the "brown" comment. She was very honest and open with us. (I call the principal to inform him.)

We meet Friday morning and it goes okay. D**** apologizes to Veda (she still has a scratch on her face). Then the mother tells me that D**** lied about Veda calling her "brown". So a 6/7 year old has figured out that this is a good way to get people in trouble?! WTF! She apologizes.

I did end up talking to the principal and he will be investigating it today. There are video cameras on the bus so hopefully it was turned on and this little girl will have some pretty big consequences.

Veda was scared to go to school today because she thought D**** would beat her up again. D****'s parents state that she was adopted when she was 4 1/2 from Guatemala and spend most of that time in orphanages. They don't have her in therapy. Let me repeat... they DON'T have her in therapy. But they have time to take care of their 5 cats and 1 dog.

GRRR.

Soren and I are both home sick today. He has a double ear infection and bronchitis and I have the flu. Not the way I wanted to lose weight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chas said...

Oh my flippin gosh..G rated version of what I would like to write. These are the types of things that make me want to home school and never let my kids out in the world. OBNOXIOUS!! I always tell Eli to be nice to everyone no matter what, you never know what to expect. Sorry Veda had to experience this kind of conflict, already. Seriously.. Hugs all around.

Monday, March 24, 2008 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

Oh my god. If there is one thing I know about V, it is that she would NEVER, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS, call someone "brown" in a hurtful way! She is one of the most sensitive children I've EVER MET. So, that is patently ridiculous.

I'm sure this little girl was traumatized by her time in the orphanages, but, good grief. Good freaking grief.

Poor V.

Gretchen

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home