family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Crossing blood...

Yesterday I get a call from the midwife at my OB/GYN's office. Her voice sounded like what she was going to say was important- not urgent- but definitely important. She told me that they had gotten more blood work back which showed that when I fainted my blood and Soren's blood mixed. This isn't normally a big deal- unless you are RH Negative. Which I am. So I went in right then. Called J on the phone and he talked me there. I got a bit scared-ok freaked out! When I got there she said that it should be fine- I just have to have some shots periodically throughout my pregnancy to make sure my body does not end up seeing Soren as an infection and try to get "flush him out of my system". This will also be important if we have future pregnancies as well.

Blah! I don't remember having these many issues with my pregnancy with Veda. I just got pregnant, ate, ate some more, pushed and there she was...

On a weirder note I had a dream the other night (I think I am having some concerns about all of the deficiencies in my body right now- protein, iron, calcium and low blood sugar) where I had Soren a month early. He weighed 3 pounds 2 ounces. His face and body were perfect. But on the back of his head he had this protruding mouth thing that would come out periodically- with teeth and a tongue. He also had one Shrek ear and one ear that was on the top of his head that looked like a dog's ear.

As you can tell there is some inner turmoil over this meat thing. I did talk to the midwife again yesterday and she said that there are differences in the proteins and iron's you get from meat rather than beans, soy, etc.... I may be hitting KFC today. I do not want to harm this baby or myself in anyway. And it seems that now I am.

Any suggestions for a first meat dinner? I know that I won't do red meat so we are looking at chicken or turkey. Birds. Ugh. How in the hell am I ever going to do this? Although it would be pretty funny if after I ate it I loved it. Honestly- a fear of mine.

Veda is sick again today. Our only day off together will be spent snuggling on the couch eating pumpkin muffins. AND EGGS!! Have to get that protein...

1 Comments:

Blogger jtw said...

I would search AA for a experienced vegetarian midwife or nutritionists. I would also check out the postpunkkitchen.com web forums. They have a section for baby issues and will probably be very helpful.
http://www.postpunkkitchen.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=39

Saturday, January 20, 2007 12:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home