family4peace

Random thoughts (really needing to just get stuff off of my chest....)

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Call

Let me start with I hate being on call. Not always but when people decide to call you in the middle of the night just for FYI. I was up at 1:40 am listening to an FYI. Of course with my sleep troubles that kept me up until around 4:30. I was just awake in bed thinking. Finally I fall asleep again. Then at 5:00 am my work phone rings again. Same person- just telling me I am not going to have to go out to a new emergency admit right now as the family was really tired. (She could have just let it alone and I would have figured that one out.) Then our home phone rings because there is a fog delay. UGH! Pregnancy and sleep are not mixing well with my body.

I have my 28 week appointment today. I think they do the glucose testing today. So poke poke. I continue to grow at a rapid rate. I am assuming that I will gain another 20 lbs. I don't know where my body will put it. I read a few articles that say you gain approx. the same amount each pregnancy. My body is in a bit of shock. Joints are starting to get uncomfortable, etc. Regular pregnancy stuff.

Veda is 6 on Friday. Ouch!! I can hardly believe that she has been here 6 years. I swear it was yesterday that she was in my belly. Now on most days she acts like a big kid. It will be so strange to see her with a baby around. Wonder how she will react.

Not much exciting around here. Oh but the mural in Soren's room is coming along. Hopefully it will be finished soon.